brother and sister 2009

brother and sister 2010

brother and sister 2010

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

TIME FOR A CHANGE

Hi everyone,

I know I haven't kept you updated lately, but we have been VERY busy. Yes, busy trying to pull together a whole NEW dossier. Joe and I have decided to switch agencies! We just didn't feel like we were getting anywhere at CHI and decided to make the change to a smaller agency, who seems to have a very good reputation.

We signed the contract with the new agency and I pulled together our new dossier and had it sent to them in 2 weeks. Russia received our documents on Sunday and it will take a couple of weeks to translate them.

Our new agency mostly works out of the Moscow Region and St. Petersburg. The timeline they gave us for a referral is 6-12 months (could be more...could be less). As you all know by now, girl referrals take longer. As for now, we wait to be invited to Russia when a little girl is available for us to go and meet.

Joe and I both feel confident about switching agencies, although it WAS very stressful. I felt like we were starting all over, but once I got our dossier in and it was sent to Russia, the change felt good. Hopefully in a couple of months we will get our call we have been waiting for for almost 11 months now. We cannot WAIT to bring a little girl into our family.

So, after all of the stress of switching agencies and putting together a new dossier, my husband wisked me away to the Florida keys. It was 90 degrees and beautiful....not to mention, we caught ALOT of dolphin on the Charter boat that we went out on.

Once again, I have to congratulate my son Michael for getting all A's his final semester. I couldn't be more proud of him! He will be a Junior in college next year, I can't believe how fast it has gone.

good night for now,

Renae and Joe

6 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Glad youmade the change and feel good about it. I hope this new agency brings you a referral quicker. The Keys sound wonderful and Troy and I are jealous of the charter you took. Hopefully we'll take our little one fishing soon although I don't know that he's quite ready!! Keep us posted.

True Story said...

Hi Joe and Renae:
I am so glad your dossier was registered in Russia so quickly. We are in the process, waiting for our 171H... I have though heavily about switching agencies as well. There have been a few red flags and as I blog around I see many people have switched agencies and have had VERY good luck.. so I know for sure that you will be receiving your referral soon. Hang in there!
I am struggling with the decision. Would you email me at spicenav@hotmail.com? Thank you.
Sandy

Janine said...

Hi Renae and Joe,

I just came across your blog. How exciting your switch to a new agency. We just brought our little girl home from St Petersburg. It was a wonderful city to adopt from. Best of luck to you on your adoption journey.

Kevin T. said...

Hello, We switched agencies a couple of months ago, too and I know how hard of a decision it is. We too decided to go with a smaller agency and are now in the waiting phase again. All of our paperwork expires in June, so we have updated the 1st batch and soon we will start updating the 2nd batch. It is a lot of work, but we felt as though we were at a stand-still before and now we pray that we are finally close to getting somewhere. Speaking from someone who has BTDT, I feel you made a great decision! Best wishes with your adoption journey! If you would like to follow along with our journey as well, please feel free to email me at townleyt@att.net
All The Best!
Teresa

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Wow! I just found out you switched agencies. I'm glad you got your new dossier completed so quickly and that you are well on your way now with your new agency. I know the wait has been very long and frustrating for you all. I hope that things move more quickly now and that you feel much better now that you've made the switch.

Becky and Keith said...

Hey there! I'm just now getting to post! Have I mentioned HOW jealous I am about your trip to the keys? Congrats on your switch - I think you made the best decision so just hang in there during your new wait. You're in good hands!