brother and sister 2009

brother and sister 2010

brother and sister 2010

Sunday, April 20, 2008

UPDATED HOME STUDY SENT TO RUSSIA...CHECK

Our home study expired April 4th and I was a nervous wreck because our home study agency said that they would not be done with the updated home study until the 11th. So, I picked up the updated home study, drove to Trenton to get it apostilled and then off to CHI on Monday. Our coordinator, A, at CHI said she sent the updated home study, along with registration paperwork for Krasnoyarsk, to Russia on Wednesday...whew!!! What a relief to have that taken care of.

We really just have to wait to hear about being registered and then an anticipated wait for our baby girl referral. I get a little nervous with some of the news letters that come out every Friday regarding updates on the Russian adoption. The one that just came out this past Friday from Ludmilla (Moscow) stated that the Russian families actually are waiting in line also for baby girls, and that when there is a girl given out for referral internationally, it is most likely one that the Russian families have passed up, most often because of medical conditions. Now, this makes me a little nervous. I'm going to have to call A at CHI to ask exactly what this means for us. Does this mean that we would possibly get a referral for a baby girl that has some sort of medical problems? I really don't think CHI would try to match a family up with a rerral that does not match what was requested by the family. Still, these kind of things can make you a little nervous.

Congratulations to every one of my blog friends who have been on their first and second trips! I get so excited for you all, and hope you are on cloud nine with your little ones!

So for now, we just patiently wait for our call to go and meet our daughter.

Take Care,
Renae and Joe

5 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Renae, Shoot me an email when you have a chance - my link is on my blog, I wanted to share something with you. I'm so glad your home study went well and the update got done in time! Hang in there for your little girl.

Becky and Keith said...

Can you finish my homestudy too? :-) Ours expires the 15th and it won't be done by then either. Whoops! I hope you hear good news soon - hopefully A can clear the air for you!

Stephanie and Dennis said...

YEAH!!! Your homestudy is renewed. I am not looking forawrd to that process. I think we have to renew in July. Aren't we lucky that we dont live too far away from Trenton that we can take a drive down there. Saves some time. BTW, I talked to CHI about the same things because, like you, Dennis and I had some big concerns with the medical issues that could come up. Let me know if you want to chat about it. email me at sjss72@yahoo.com

Again, congrats on your update. I am sure that is a weight off your shoulders.

Stephanie
www.thesmiths441.blogspot.com

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

That's great that your home study is done and on its way to the region! Hope you are doing well!

Stephanie and Dennis said...

You've been Tagged!
Rules
1 - Link to the person who tagged you:

2 - Post the rules (see below)

3 - Share 6 unimportant habits/quirks about yourself:

4 - Tag three other people

5 - Make sure the people you tagged know you've tagged them

HAVE FUN!!!!
Stephanie