brother and sister 2009

brother and sister 2010

brother and sister 2010

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

DAY 2 WITH OLIVIA

Today was a MUCH better day...she cried both times for about 5 minutes and then she was happy for the rest of the visit....all it really took was a cookie! She is walking pretty good now. We still have to catch her after the first few steps, but she is really close to doing it on her own without falling. She has the CUTEST belly laugh...we love to hear her laugh. I can't WAIT to be able to show pictures, but we can't do that until we pick her up from the baby home.

Oh, by the way, our translator, Nadya, called the airport and they said "yes, we have ALL FOUR BAGS of the Nodine's, you can come and pick them up." When the driver drove 3 hours today just to pick up our bags, he came back to us with only 3!!!! He said that they couldn't find the 4th, that they only found 3...what the HECK!!! Nadya came into the baby home while we were playing with Olivia to share the "not so good news." I said "what bag is missing?" and GUESS who's it was? yes, mine....with ALL of my clothes (not the ones for court, we have those LUCKILY)and dress boots for court in it. So, we spent the middle of the day shopping at the mall in Kaluga for clothes for me to wear....can you believe it?! We will have to track down our other bag later. I'm just glad that it wasn't the bag that I packed for Olivia that had just about everything she owns in it! However, ALL of the gifts for the caregivers, doctor, Svetlana, Irena, etc...were IN my bag. Hopefully we find it so we can get these gifts to them.

Tomorrow morning, Nadya is going to take us to the market and then we will come back to the hotel around 12:30 to get ready for court at 2:15. I will be SO, SO relieved when court is over. Joe's not nervous at ALL, he's looking forward to it. Me on the other hand, I'll be ready to share a drink with the Russian's when it is over!

Well, bye for now...until tomorrow after court!

Renae and Joe

8 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

I'm so sorry about your bag. That would totally be my luck! I hope you found some good buys! Good luck in court tomorrow. You will do just fine. Can't wait to hear the good news!

Carey and Norman said...

Sorry to hear about your luggage. It is hard to get excited and then learn that you still must worry about one more piece.

Glad your visits went well today. I'm always glad to hear that others are easily impressed with cookies. A girl after my own heart :o) I cannot wait to see pictures.

How fun that she is learning to walk and you are able to share this experience with her. I miss those toddling years. I always said that my favorite time was b/w the age of 1 and 2 years old. Such an innocent, sweet age.

Many prayers for court. We will pray that God be with you and allow you to ease through all the questions. I know how stressed we were and relieved once it was finished!!

Best wishes!

Tara said...

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties and lost luggage. Hopefully, the bag will appear!! I will be thinking of you during your court time tomorrow. May God comfort you and give you the words to say. I know you will be thrilled when this part is over. Looking forward to great news tomorrow. :)

Roger and Joanne said...

Yea...what the heck? They say they have four bags and only come back with three. Such a bummer. I really hope they find it for you and SOON.
I agree with you...I would also be nervous about court. I hope it goes much better than you're expecting! One step closer.
Looking forward to the photos.

Heather & Jason said...

Oh so sorry about the luggage snafu- Traveling to another country sure isn't easy- especially when you are there to adopt! I hope they find the extra bag. I was nervouse for court when we went to Kaluga, DH was not. When the judge asked me (the very beginning of the proceedings) if I had any requests to make, I goofed and said that my only request was that she grant our adoption. I got a funny look from the judge that made me realize- that wasn't the kind of request she was asking for at that point. How was I to know- I'd never been in court before! You'll do fine, and we'll be waiting for the big announcement afterwards- and praying it will go well. God bless you all.

Karen said...

Renae,
You will be in my thoughts and prayers!!! I am soooooooo type A... the luggage thing would send me over the edge. But..... like others mentioned... hopefully it will turn up soon and hopefully you found some bargains today. Won't that be covered under some kind of insurance?? I hope so! It may be a few days before I can check the blog again because of Darya's surgury tomorrow.
Love,
Karen

Carrie said...

Can't wait to hear about court. I will be thinking about you guys.

Anonymous said...

Renae and Joe we are hoping and praying for everything to work out for you guys!! Best wishes for court!!

Deb and Keith