brother and sister 2009

brother and sister 2010

brother and sister 2010

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

IT'S OFFICIAL...SHE IS NOW OLIVIA REESE NODINE!



Court was a success! I was SO nervous, but Joe got asked most of the questions and he did real well. We started around 2:30 and were done at 4:00....not too bad. I do have to say that it was NOT as bad as I thought it would be. As I have heard before from a family who adopted from Kaluga, "she asked very fair questions." She did not try to trick us with questions from our home study, she just asked basic questions.

We really gave it alot of effort to get the 10 days waived, but the judge did not waive them, so Joe and I will return home on Friday. They are going to let us know tomorrow when we can return to pick Olivia up.

We went to go and visit her after court and she was SO much fun! She does pretty good at walking now and she loves to dance! I just hate the fact that we have to leave her again and not see her for a couple of weeks...I can't WAIT until we can finally bring her home.

Joe and I just want to let everyone know that it was comforting to know that we had so many family and friends thinking and praying for us today....thank you all for thinking of us!

We will post more later! Above is a picture of us outside of the Kaluga court house.

Paka,
Renae and Joe

10 comments:

Tara said...

Congratulations on your new addition! It won't be long now until Olivia is home w/ you :) Safe travels home to the US.

Troy and Rachel said...

Congratulations!!!!! I know your anxious to get home so you can return to pick her up forever!

Heather & Jason said...

YAY! Congratulations!
I knew it would go well! Praise the Lord!

Lucky for you to get this picture on the courthouse steps too (We were not allowed to when we were there in June)and I so wish we could have had that picture for the baby book.

God bless your new family! Can't wait to hear about the pick up trip!

Carolynn and Steve said...

HOORAY! I'm SO very happy for you guys! What great Christmas news and the BEST Christmas present ever! Our prayers that the rest of this goes smoothly!

Carey and Norman said...

Yippee!! Congratulations. You look great...by the way. A little Russian perhaps in your black attire (coats). Plus, the boots work well too :o)

So excited that you were found favorable with the judge even though your ten days were not waived. It is hard going home after court (we did as well), but the time at home goes by quickly.

Looking forward to seeing photos of Olivia soon!

Susan said...

Congratulations Mom and Dad!! May the next ten days FLY by so you can be back with Olivia very soon.

Karen said...

Renae,

Ditto what Carey said, "You look great!" I couldn't be happier!!! I'm feel honored that I've got to experience the ups and downs with you. It feels awesome for us both to be at this point!
Congratulations!
Karen

Karen said...

p.s. I was so hoping and praying the 10 days would be waived. I know how much you wanted this.
Karen

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Congratulations!!! Great Photo! I hope the 10 days goes by quickly for you.

Carrie said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to "meet" Olivia!