brother and sister 2009

brother and sister 2010

brother and sister 2010

Sunday, January 13, 2008

VACCINATIONS WERE A BREEZE

Joe and I went to our County Department of Health to get our vaccinations. The doctor there recommended the Hep A/B series, Typhoid and DPT for the region we were going...so, that's what we got. The shots did not hurt at all! Joe and I both were so surprised how smoothly it went. We did feel a little sore the next couple of days, but nothing serious. We have to go back for one more in a month...the second Hep A/B vaccine.

I called our insurance carrier BCBS of New Jersey and explained our situation and they said that "yes, you are covered up to $500 each." I was sooo excited to hear this because these shots, when added up, are NOT cheap!

We are now taking Wendy's (who just traveled to Kras on their first trip) advice and finding a travel agent now so that we know WHO to call when we get "The Call."

She also recommended getting a storage bin and putting things aside for the trip so it's less you have to stress about later. So, I went to target got a bin and already started to fill it with a few necessary items. Thanks Wendy for the good advice!

We are still up in the air with the IA doctors...I'll let you know when we decide. They are BOTH supposed to be so good.

Hopefully we will all start to get some good news now that the Russian Holiday is over.

Take care,
Renae

6 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Hi Joe and Renae - Just saw you updated on the CHI log and can't wait to follow along. Hoping you hear news soon!! We also went to our health department for the vaccines we needed. Ouch!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe & Renae.. We are also from NJ (Rockaway) & adopted through CHI twice.. recently brought home our 2nd son Scott(19 months) in Aug from Kemerovo. We also used Dr Gordina. If you have any questions feel free to contact me catwed@optonline.net

Becky and Keith said...

YEY!! How great to see you out in blog land! Your blog looks wonderful! I've heard nothing but great things about both doctors. If you need someone that recently used Dr. A, let me know and I'll send you her blog address! Can wait to hear more about your adoption. Have you heard of any movement in Kras?

Anonymous said...

Hi Ranae!
Wow how exciting. It sounds like you guys are getting ready and Krasnoyarsk is great. I cannot wait to go back! I am excited to read along with your journey!

Wendy

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Hi Renae,

I just found your blog! It looks great! I'm glad you are getting your shots and that your insurance covers them! Ours were covered as well, which is not typical from what I've heard. I hope you find a good IA doctor, too. We used Vanderbilt, and the doctor was very accessible. We heard back via email within 3 hours, and we had a 24 hour cell phone that we could call. Our doctor spoke with us several times. If you want any more information, send me an email.

Carrie O'Neal

dgd said...

Congrats to you on being this far along. I'm a "newbie," I guess you'd say. We've only gone so far as completing our application! About to mail it, so I'm reading all I can on these fabulous blogs! Please, please keep at it, everyone! I can't tell you how much it helps!

I do have a question regarding regions: would you mind saying why you changed from Tver and switched to Kras?

Thank you, in advance, for any info you can offer. I love this information sharing! Thank you, thank you! Blog looks great, by the way!

Donna