brother and sister 2009

brother and sister 2010

brother and sister 2010

Sunday, March 9, 2008

FISHING THE FLORIDA KEYS

Hi Everyone! Joe and I went to Islamarada, Florida on a little fishing trip. We had a nice, relaxing time and caught some really nice fish, including Joe's trophy sailfish (below). I went out with him on the first trip on the "Hattitude" chartered by Captain Ron and his son Danny. They are so nice and we really enjoy fishing with them.....not to mention they put us on fish like this!!!!! The next time Joe went out on a small flats boat by himself with Captain Jim out of Hawkes Cay Resort and Spa, and yes, THIS was my time to enjoy every bit of that spa. I'm talking back massage, foot massage and a facial. Oh my goodness, talking about RELAXATION!


It was just what I needed because I just got finished gathering up all our documents we had to send to our home study agency in order to update our home study which expires on april 9th. I was getting a little stressed, so it was good to get away. I sent everything fed'ex on Friday the 7th to our home study agency, along with the new updated documents for the home study....so, they say our case worker has to come to our house again for another visit and then I will wait for them to send me all of the completed, notarized documents so that I can drive to Trenton to get everything Apostilled and then send in to CHI and off to Russia, again. Most of my other paperwork expires in May, so I'm sure I will be updating alot in about a month or so.

I haven't heard anything else yet regarding us being registered. So, hopefully it will not be too long for this to happen. It really makes me feel alot better seeing all this movement happening lately! Congratulations to all of the families who are traveling on their first trips and to those who have gone on their second trips to pick up their children......so exciting!!!!

I decided that I was not going to even start on our daughter's room until AFTER the first trip. It would just be torture looking at it all the time and I figured it would really give me something to do between trips in order to make the time fly a little quicker.

Let's keep that ball rolling in the Russia Program!!!!!!

4 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

It's 2:15 am in Moscow nd we are reading your blog!! Troy loved the fishing pictures as he is (we both are) huge fisherpeople!!! Troy said we now have to plan a trip to Islamarada!! Glad you had a chance to relax at the spa also!! Hoping you hear news from Kras soon.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I'm glad you had a nice trip! Congrats on the great fish that you all caught! I hope you got some good R&R on your trip. Good luck with your document updates!

Stephanie and Dennis said...

What a great trip that must have been - and WHAT A FISH!!!!!!! Hope you got that one stuffed.

Good Luck with your Home Study agency, I am hoping that we get a referal before I have to jump through all those hopes again. Which Home Study Agency did you use? We are thinking of switching over.

I have you in our thoughts and prayers for an easy update!!!!

Stephanie and Dennis

Becky and Keith said...

Okay... how have I not seen posts on your blog?!?!?! I saw your comment on my blog and thought "oh my goodness!! Where has she been??" and for some reason I haven't been getting updates in my google reader. So, to make up for lost time you're getting a LONG comment. :-) First, I LOVE the keys! We have a house (owned with family) in Marathon and it is one of our favorite places to go. There is nowhere that's as great to relax than there. I read further down on your blog that they are keeping your blog open to register anywhere which is a good thing! It keeps you from being limited or "stuck" in a big line vs. being able to move around! I hope you are hanging in there... things should start to happen more quickly now that CHI is opening more regions and referrals are starting to flow in. Good things are coming your way! :-) Hugs1
Becky