brother and sister 2009

brother and sister 2010

brother and sister 2010

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

WOOOOHOOOOO...SHE IS GOING TO BE OUR DAUGHTER!!!!!

Hi everyone!

GREAT news! We are letting them know tomorrow that we want to sign papers to adopt this ADORABLE little girl!

I'm SO sorry that I didn't post our trip 1, but I was just SO nervous about getting all the right medical docs to our doctor and our access here is HORRIBLE, our Skype keeps breaking in and out and your really can't understand ANYONE your talking to and it has been hard just to keep in touch with the doctor and our family.....whew!
But, I can now share the AWESOME news and we are very excited!

Trip one was good, but as most of you adopting know, she was a little hesitant and scared. Then we visited her again for about an hour in the evening and it was a little better. All she wanted was to be held, she really didn't want to be put down to play too much at all.

We then went into the office and the orphanage doctor gave us all of her medical. Joe and I asked question after question and got I'm SURE all the medical in her file. Afterwards, the orphanage doctor told us that she wasn't prepared to be asked about so much. She was REALLY nice though and gave us everything we asked for.

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our translator Nadia (or Nadya?). She is THE BEST! She and our really nice driver Vladimir even drop us off at the restaurant that we want to eat at and she comes in to order for us before she leaves for the day. She takes really good care of us and so does the driver Vlad. We are NEVER left alone anywhere until after we get back to the hotel.

Today....our 2nd visit....was AWESOME! We took Michelle's advice (thanks Michelle) and asked if we could observe her with the other kids before she sees us. She WAS a completely different person than she was with us the first visit and, like Michelle said, it made us feel THAT much more sure of our decision!

We then took her into the gym and she just felt so much more at ease with us. She played, giggled, walked around (with the help of someone) and just was SO funny and loveable. I cannot WAIT to bring her home to our family because they are going to LOVE her! She is so adorable, funny and LOVES to be held. She actually puts a choke hold on my neck! She's also teething VERY bad and loved to bite on anything that she could. Forget the little photo album Joe and I brought for her, she already destroyed it. She was chewing it and ripped out a few pages, but will NOT let us take it away from her. It was the only thing she wanted to hold and play with. She wouldn't take the teether I bought her..she didn't want it. Loved the gerber treats though!

Tomorrow we will go for her visa and visit with her two more times and then one time Thursday morning to say our goodbye's and off to Moscow for our medicals and then home on Saturday.

I will try to post again while in Moscow, maybe the access will be a little better.

I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS to Karen and Cathy for getting your COURT DATES....YEEEAAAAH!!!!

And, to our family, I can't WAIT to come home and have a MOVIE NIGHT with all of you so you can see the future addition to our family.....she's ADORABLE!!!

Love you Michael.

Talk to you all again soon!

Paka,
Renae and Joe

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! We are SO happy for you! We got a little worried when we didn't hear anything but so glad you have finally found your daughter!

All God's Blessings to you and your entire family and safe travel home.

Deb and Keith

Heather & Jason said...

OH MAN! Have I been blog stalking today- I had all but given up hope and then decided to try one more time. I am THRILLED for you! I knew you'd be in good hands, and so glad you feel that way too. May each and every visit just get better and better! Can't wait till you're gotcha day so we can see her pictures. Do you know which group she is in? If she was in our sons group I may have a few earlier photos I can share with you. Have a safe and blessed trip!

Tiger & Kar said...

Yay! So happy it is going so well. Like Heather, I've been blog stalking all day.

Best of luck for the rest of your stay & a speedy court date!

Karyn

Karen said...

Renae,

There is no better news to hear! I am so happy for you. You are so deserving of this wonderul blessing. Cannot wait to share many more wonderful moments with you.
Hugs!
Karen

Susan said...

I've been stalking your blog constantly looking for updates. I'm glad to hear things are going so well and your daughter has proven to be a diamond in the rough. You are lucky to be able to visit her so much and it sounds like you are in great hands with your driver and translator.

I hope the rest of your trip continues to go well.

Stephanie and Dennis said...

Oh - How wonderful!!! She sounds adorable. I can't wait to see pictures of her!

Safe journey,
Stephanie